stars look down and witness,

never judge. the city moves

beneath me, out of sight.

o let this poem be a planet

or a haven. heaven for a poet

homeward bound. rest my son’s head

upon sweet dreams & contentment.

let me turn out the light to rest.

- susan cataldo

one…

i was looking for that one picture, all week. and i kept finding it. that is how i approach each image…my heart feels big and fast, time slows, my skin feels everything, my throat gets tight. these are all part of the same big picture. this is a small piece of one story, that is my family, always growing, changing course, learning to move through things and flow with them. watching this, with tears streaming down my face, and the most steady smile, i know this is where i am, where i need to be, what i need to be doing. i am one with them. every picture is the one that is written in my heart.

music: ‘ho hey’ the lumineers (the unofficial soundtrack to our last couple of months)

please visit the wonderful jennifer capozzola, northern new jersey, http://jencphotos.com/photojournal/?p=598

Categories: 52 wednesdays
Comments (17)
  • Karen says:

Amy you definitely picked the one. This is such a beautiful photo. I love the connection, laughter and fun.

(June 13, 2012 at 8:34 am)
  • Pamela Joye says:

i can only imagine your tears….it goes by so fast & you’re preserving every moment to savor over/over again. love the lumineers song – perfect accompaniment to all you feel & that’s what shone through…your feeling. so ethereal and lovely.

(June 13, 2012 at 9:08 am)
  • Gorgeous Amy. So beautiful. I can feel it comes from your heart.

(June 13, 2012 at 9:27 am)
  • April says:

Oh Amy, it made me cry too. This is why we take photographs, right? Thank you so much for sharing your whole heart with us.

(June 13, 2012 at 9:27 am)
  • Athena says:

Dear Amy- I’ve been trying to figure out what it is that I love about your photos so much (well, it’s more than one thing!) but what I have come to realize is that these real moments that you convey, are more than just your moments. They belong to those of us with a family, with a past and a future. I love the way you cradle each moment with your family, so fluid and so real. Thanks for the inspiration my friend! btw, the slideshow did not work on Chrome.

(June 13, 2012 at 9:44 am)
  • Tamara says:

Perfect real and true. Love these. So beautiful. You are very talented

(June 13, 2012 at 1:14 pm)
  • Carrie says:

Amy, you capture so beautifully the images that are a part of our emotions and our connections to one another. Amazing!

(June 13, 2012 at 1:32 pm)
  • Kathleen says:

Wonderful images that connect so beautifully to the music and to our hearts.

(June 13, 2012 at 1:51 pm)
  • Laurie Schultz says:

oh bummer, I couldn’t get the slideshow to work for me. But that first photo is so beautiful, I can definitely feel the special bond between the two of them!

(June 13, 2012 at 6:39 pm)
  • Donna says:

Cute with a summer-y feeling. No luck with the slideshow but I can tell it is a brief glimpse of a fun day.

(June 13, 2012 at 7:09 pm)
  • The photos…the music…the light…the movement. Perfection! I love them all, but there is one of your daughter sitting on the bed looking at the camera with a laughter-filled smile. That one caught me square in my chest.

(June 13, 2012 at 7:19 pm)
  • I couldn’t get the slideshow to work either! :( But I do adore the picture on the cover as well as all of your heartfelt work. An inspiration as always…

(June 13, 2012 at 9:06 pm)
  • Marsette says:

Oh Amy! This is absolutely breathtaking!

(June 14, 2012 at 6:20 am)
  • This is so great. Such beautiful moments you capture. And I love that song.

(June 14, 2012 at 10:23 am)
  • melissa says:

Teardrops and goosebumps…inspiring, heartfelt and beautiful. You, sweet Amy, are amazingly talented. Your writing and photography are perfect for each other. And the love you have for your family oozes from each image. LOVE!

(June 14, 2012 at 8:20 pm)
  • Corinne says:

I am in AWE that that is a week’s worth of photos!! So amazing, you are. Really lovely images- I can defnitely feel your heart in each of them.

(June 15, 2012 at 9:18 pm)